Periklis Proussaefs, D.D.S., M.S.
Ventura Prosthodontist - Pacific Coast Implant Center
Periklis Proussaefs D.D.S, M.S. is a Prosthodontist (a dentist specializing in cosmetic, dental implant, and prosthetic dentistry).
Dr. Proussaefs has been a dentist since 1993. He obtained his dental degree from the University of Athens. He earned a specialty certificate in Prosthodontics, a Master’s Degree in Prosthodontics, and a certificate in Implant Dentistry from Loma Linda University, California, in 2000. He has been appointed assistant professor since 2000 at Loma Linda University where he conducts seminars and research involving implant dentistry. Dr. Proussaefs has over 35 peer-review publications. His articles have been translated in several languages, and have been published around the globe in journals with global circulation. He has received numerous national and international level awards for his research and clinical innovations in dental implants and Prosthodontics. In 2005, his name was included in the National Register’s Who’s Who, which is a leader in biographic publishing and recognizing professional achievers. Dr. Proussaefs has lectured extensively in the field of Implant and prosthetic-cosmetic dentistry in national and international level dental conventions. His research and photos are being used for manufacturer’s advertisements, many of which serve as testimonials.
Dr. Proussaefs holds several honorary positions in the dental community, and has received several prestigious awards for his research and clinical innovations:
- He has been serving as Editorial Board member for the Journal Of Prosthetic Dentistry (JPD) since 2002. The JPD is the world’s leading scientific journal in the specialty of prosthodontics. Dr. Proussaefs has been selected among other experts around the world to review, approve, and modify scientific articles before they get published.
- Dr. Proussaefs has been serving as Editorial Board member for the Journal of Oral Implantology (JOI) since 2002. The JOI is a scientific Journal with global circulation published by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the world’s oldest dental Association involving dental implants.
- Dr. Proussaefs has been an Assistant Professor of Oral Implantology at Loma Linda University since 2000 (last 5 years).
- In year 2000, he was the recipient of the 1st place Award for best research presentation by the Academy of Osseointegration (A.O.) for his research entitled “The use of block onlay grafts for vertical alveolar ridge augmentation and implant placement: A pilot study”. The Academy of Osseointegration is a global Organization involved in dental implant research and education. Dr. Proussaefs presented an innovative technique and research regarding bone grafting during the 2000 Annual Meeting of the A.O.
- Tylman Research Award. Dr. Proussaefs earned 1st place Tylman Award in 2002 by the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics (AAFP). The AAFP has been the leading Dental Association in the field of Prosthodontics since 1952. The Tylman award is awarded once a year for the most successful research project. Dr. Proussaefs subsequently served as a Tylman Award Committee member judging research projects for future nominees.
- Hickley Award in 2002 for his publication entitled “Conversion of a complete denture to a provisional implant-supported, screw-retained fixed prosthesis for immediate loading of a completely edentulous arch”. This article was published in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, the leading dental journal in Prosthodontics with global circulation.
- In year 2014, his research involving restoration of dental implants with a computer-designed, computer-manufactured crowns received the 3rd place award by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry during the 2014 Annual Meeting.
- In 2005 his name was included in the National Register’s Who is Who, which is a leader in biographic publishing and recognizing professional achievers.
- He has been an Associate Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry since 2002. This position is offered to clinicians who have demonstrated exceptional clinical and research expertise.
- Dr. Proussaefs is research advisor in several clinical research projects at Loma Linda University where he has a faculty appointment.
- He has been an invited speaker to many national and international dental conventions.
In his free time, Dr. Proussaefs enjoys snorkeling, sports, movies, traveling, and spending time with this wife and two kids, Athena and Arian.
Click here to view articles by Dr. Periklis